Back MP3 Burn Help
 
- - - - -
(#972) Fr Leo B (Longbeach, CA)
11/25/1995 in Manhattan Beach, CA  EVENT: Sanctuary Meeting  TYPE: AA, Male, Story

Sober 18 years since 7/4/1977, Leo is an Episcopal priest who was raised, ordained and sobered up in England.

He has a great story of his bishop demanding he "quit it" even though Fr Leo was saying "Who ME?"

Fr Leo goes out on a bit of a spiritual limb to emphasize if you are sober, you made the decision to get sober. This focus on personal responsibility for our sobriety is interesting especially coming from a minister.

Over 80% of his church is in recovery "and the other 20% should be", though he does not limit that statement to any single type of addiction.

His talk is preceded by a 10 minute talk by Jim McC.

The format of the meeting was a 10 minute speaker followed by a break, readings and reports followed by a 40 minute speaker.

The full meeting is available in the BURN format. Use the PLAY button to hear just the two speakers.


(1 hr 3 min) (14.6 MB) (id#972)

EVENT GROUP